Following my participation in June and the recent presentation done at Kiabi HQ, I get back on this experience.
When I heard about this even, I was very interested to do it: I know well the brand Kiabi, and I wanted to achieve a personal challenge. So it was not annoying for me to be the only participant with no team, no other freelance came the D day :).
I’ve already something in my mind, the goal was to use efficiently API provided. While discussing with customer care’s people, I found that a small chatbot would relieve the most frequent requests from clients.
- A chatbot as “innovative” subject
- Able to frequently asked questions using API
- Responding both text input and click
- Some easter eggs and randomisation in the answer to simulate natural langage
- Messenger, already used by customers and familiar with it
- Abiki a customer chatbot
- Able to recognize bad words, and block itself if customer continue
- Randomize answers
- Give fidelity points either by card number or by email input
- Possibility to search a product by bar code
- Possibility to search a store(postal code or city)
What I learned:
- Using API with Node.js
- Hosting and deployment via Heroku
- Using bot for Messenger/Facebook
- It is more pleasant to work in team, but you’re also proud to achieve something by yourself 🙂
Got very surprised to finish as one of the three winners, moreover when one team did also a chatbot, but were 5 people in it ^_^.
My presentation made for the project (in french):
- My repo: https://github.com/Frackher/abiki
- Code based on: https://www.sitepoint.com/building-facebook-chat-bot-node-heroku/
- Dedicated website: http://hackathon.kiabi.com/
My twitter story about this event: